Saturday, June 8, 2013

Broken Sword: Paris Continued

There is no such thing as a Club Alamut in Paris...

Or so does the flower lady tell me!

The dialogue says it all

That was the conclusion of running around asking if anyone knows about a matchbox I found in someone else's pants.

I've come into a slight halt in my adventure, as I've progressed into that part where there's nothing too obvious to do. Still, I'm avoiding any kind of cheat for the moment, as I don't want to ruin my own experience.


There's always a slight Tomb Raider feeling in the Broken Sword games



Although I'm avoiding it for the moment, one thing I've learned about these games is that it is sometimes better to cheat now and then than blocking so hard that you'll get burned of the game. All in good balance, after all, these games are made to be a challenge, but the priority is always for you to have fun.


Bummer, no more Café in these parts


One of the things that amaze me it's the artwork. We're talking about a 1996 game, so a game from the Windows 95 era. By this time we've just hit the 200Mhz barrier and games such as Quake (the first one) hit the shelves and were considered top-notch.
Of course, we're not talking about  3D graphics here as it is mostly pre-rendered background graphics, but still the attention to detail if fascinating, making it a gorgeous depiction of Paris, retaining the legendary romantic feel of the French city.

Isn't the landscape gorgeous?
Although Broken Sword wasn't compatible with MS-DOS, a still popular operating system for the ones who couldn't afford a Pentium class PC, this game came out in various platforms, including Windows, Mac and Playstation, widening considerably it's reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment