Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Broken Sword: Beneath Montfauçon

After Spain I found out a new clown in town... Actually, a juggler.
There's something about Paris and clowns...

After a bit of self-humiliation, I finally managed to get him out of my way and progress to the catacombs of Montfauçon, all under the scrutinizing eyes of an applauding crowd!

I felt a bit at a lost in the sewers, as it took me a while to figure out what to do with the boat, but eventually I found out what to do. At that moment I realized it was a long time since I last saved... So I did it, you never know who you'll find in these dark catacombs.

I wonder who navigates the sewers with a boat with a winch...

One of the things that sometimes frustrate you in this game (well, in most of these adventure games I guess), is that you'll spend an awful amount of time when you're stuck because you always assume you left something to do in some other part and you'll be walking around a lot.
It's not like Riven when you wander around for days trying to figure out a sound you heard, but it will still make you wonder a bit.

Hmmm... not the Templars I was expecting to find.

In the end, the catacomb expedition proved fruitful in finding out a major part of the plot, who the players are in this conspiracy. The brief hint on what they're looking for is exposed: The Broken Sword!
What it is or what is it for remains yet a mystery, but alas, the next location is unveiled by the light!



I'm finally using an object other than the sewer tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment